ISSUE - PlayOn Sound all of a sudden became ?****led?, can?t hear words clear and ?crackling?, No PlayOn Playback Device listed in SOUND list ? even with Show Disabled Devices checked to show ? Only sound listed is speakers
PlayOn support has been quick in trying to assist us, however, none of the fixes below have worked?.
THE RESULT WAS THE SAME FOR ALL OF THE BELOW ?FIXES?, other results listed b as well - RESULT- STILL NO PLAYON AUDIO DEVICE LISTED WITH AND SOUND STILL ****LED
1. Please stop the PlayOn server
Right Click on the speaker icon in the system try and select "playback devices"
Is the PlayOn Virtual Audio Device listed? If so, please make sure it is enabled.
Right click on the device and select properties.
Click on the Advanced tab and change the value in the drop down to 16 bit 44100 kHZ (CD or DVD quality)
If the PlayOn Virtual Audio Device is not listed, right click on the Playback devices window and select "view disabled devices". Re-enable the PlayOn Virtual Audio device and then follow the rest of the instructions above.
Please uninstall PlayOn and reboot your PC. Reinstall PlayOn and try another video. Any difference? (NO DIFFERENCE)
2. Please try the following:
Stop the PlayOn Server
Navigate to Program Files(x86)>MediaMall>Drivers
Right click on the Install.bat file and select "run as administrator"
Do you receive any errors? (NO ERRORS)
Start the PlayOn server and try another video. Any difference? (NOPE)
3. That said, we are happy to help. What files do you see listed in the Program Files(x86)>MediaMall>Drivers folder? Is there a file named "Install"? If so, please right click on that file and select "run as administrator". Are you presented with any errors?
RESULT ? NO ERRORS
4. Please stop/start PlayOn and try playing a video using PlayOn at your PS3 once more. Any difference? (NO DIFFERENCE)
5. Please stop/start PlayOn and try playing a video using PlayOn at your PS3 once more. Any difference? (NO DIFFERENCE)
6. We are sorry for the persistence of this issue.
7. As a test, please roll back your IE installation from IE9 to IE8. (Did not make a difference)
8. Now that you have rolled back to IE8, please uninstall Adobe Flash using the Adobe Uninstall Tool (first link), and then reinstall it through Internet Explorer (*not* Firefox or Chrome) and restart the PlayOn server. (DID NOT WORK)
9. Please uninstall PlayOn, reboot your PC, download a fresh copy of the installer and reinstall. This should prompt the PlayOn Virtual Audio Device to install. (NO CHANGE)
10. Do you have another PC to test with? (TESTED ON OLD PC ? NO SOUND AT ALL and extremely slow loading)